- For Caregivers & Families>
- RCC/SSCY Family Network and Family Advisory Council>
- Family Network Events>
Upcoming Family Network Events
More info coming soon!
Previous Family Network Events
Let's Talk Sibs! November 25, 2018
Sunday November 25th, 1pm-4pm
An event for the whole family focusing on siblings of children with differences. Three programs will run simultaneously:
- Sibshops – for siblings aged 8-12. Siblings will meet other sibs, laugh, talk about having a sib with special needs, play great games, learn about services, and have fun. This is the first of 4 sessions. Sibshops will continue in January, February and March.
- Parent workshop – an interactive workshop to discuss how to support siblings. Learn age appropriate ways to involve siblings, what to expect of typically developing siblings, and how to invite siblings into the process.
- Fun and games – RCC staff will have games and crafts for children with a disability and siblings younger than 8.
This is a free event. Snacks will be provided.
To register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 204-258-6538!
Recreation Opportunities Expo, September 30, 2018
For families of children and youth up to 21 interested in hands-on learning about available recreation opportunities! Sunday, September 30, from 1:00 – 3:00, at SSCY Centre.
Your family is invited to join us for our Recreation Opportunities Expo! A variety of Manitoban agencies that provide recreation and sport opportunities to children and teens with special needs will be in attendance, to share their programs and opportunities with you. Information handouts, registration info, and demos will be available.
Snacks will be provided. RSVP to let us know you are able to attend. Families of all sizes and ages are welcome.
To RSVP or for more information, please contact Maya at email@example.com or 204-258-6538.
View our flyer for more information.
Literacy Event, May 27, 2018
The RCC/SSCY Family Network invites you to an exciting event for the whole family! Sunday, May 27, 1:00 – 3:30 at SSCY Centre.
1:00 pm Puppet play for children and parents/caregivers. There might be some dragon puppets that need to be made and we will roar our way through the Paper Bag Princess.
1:45 pm Workshop by Bookmates The young dragons will fly off to fun and games with staff. Parents and caregivers will learn all the fun, simple and different ways to incorporate books into the daily life of your child.
2:45 pm Questions, discussions and sharing between parents
RSVP to Maya at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-258-6538. Registration is required, and spots are limited.
We are focusing this event on children under the age of 10. Children and caregivers of all reading levels as well as siblings are welcome.
View the poster for more information!
Transition to Adulthood Night, February 24, 2018
The RCC/SSCY Family Network and the LIFE Program are holding a Transition to Adulthood night, for those that will soon be undergoing this transition. The event will be held on Saturday, February 24th from 4:30 – 8:00 pm, at SSCY Centre.
Activities and supervision will be available for children and young adults. Young adults will be cooking dinner, and will be sharing it with parents!
This event is open to all families! Please RSVP to Maya Kirstein at 204-258-6538 or email@example.com if you’d like to attend.
We want to hear from you before the event!
Have you recently gone through the transition to adult services, or are currently going through it now? We would love to hear about your experiences! If you would like to share, we are looking for:
• Clients and families willing to participate in a short telephone interview
• Clients and families willing to share with other families at the event on February 24th