Here are some important things to remember when coming for an appointment at SSCY Centre:
BRING YOUR HEALTH CARD!
Please bring your Manitoba Health Card to EVERY visit.
Especially since we are all new to SSCY Centre, it is a very good idea to come to your appointment at least 15 minutes early. This will give you time to find the building, find parking and navigate our exciting new building!
CHECK IN AT FRONT RECEPTION
All clients, families and visitors must check-in at front reception*. This is located on the right hand side when you enter the building. If you parked in Family Parking, you must give your licence plate number to our receptionist.
Our front receptionist will:
- Greet you in a warm and friendly manner
- Review your appointment(s) and ensure you know where you need to be
- If you have multiple appointments, an appointment card may be provided listing the time and location of appointments for the day
- Alert the department/agency of your arrival, if needed, so they can be ready for you
- Provide SSCY Centre map/directions if it is your first time at SSCY Centre
- Request assistance from the SSCY Concierge/Helper, if needed and if they are available
* Clients arriving for an appointment to a department at SSCY Centre which they have previously visited may choose to report directly to that department or clinic reception area (e.g., Prosthetics & Orthotics; Child Development Clinic).
SSCY Centre has a Concierge/Helper, whose function it is to support children with disabilities and their families in easily accessing the building and services, and assist in accessing services on site. This position is not intended to replace attendants or other care providers supporting the child or youth.
Our Concierge/Helper can provide assistance to you and your family by:
- Assisting with car transfers and lifts
- Assisting with moving of equipment in/out or within the building
- Assisting with parking
- Assisting in navigating within the building to your appointment(s)
- Overseeing our waiting area
- Other assistance, as required