Sibshops for siblings!
Oct 26, 17
Sibshops are workshops for the brothers and sisters of kids with special needs which bring these “sibs” together in two languages that are universal to all children: play and shared experience. Utilizing a highly engaging and recreational approach, Sibshops provide peer support for the typically developing siblings by offering a venue for such children to celebrate themselves and their families.
This workshop will:
- provide brothers and sisters of children with special needs an opportunity to meet other siblings in a relaxed, recreational setting
- provide siblings with opportunities to discuss common joys and concerns with other siblings of children with special needs
- provide siblings with an opportunity to learn how others handle situations commonly experiences by siblings of children with special needs
- provide children with an opportunity to learn more about the implications of their siblings’ special needs
- provide parents and professionals with opportunities to learn more about the concerns and opportunities frequently experiences by brothers and sisters of children with special needs
Dates: Saturdays: October 21, November 18, January 13, February 10, March 10, April 14, May 12
Cost: $25/session or $100 for all sessions
Where: Aulneau Renewal Centre
228 Hamel Ave, Winnipeg, MB
To register email email@example.com or call (204) 987-7090.