FASD Explore Summer Camp
July 17 - July 19
Explore Summer Camp 2019
An overnight summer camp experience for children and youth with FASD facilitated by Momenta experience discover grow.
Who: Camp applicants must:
- have an FASD diagnosis
- meet the identified age criteria:
- Junior camp: 10-12 year olds (15 spots)
- Senior camp: 13-15 year olds (15 spots)
- Leadership camp: by invitation
- be able to safely manage a supervision ratio of one adult to three participants
- be ready to be away from home and attend an overnight camp
- be interested in and has expressed a desire to attend an overnight camp
- not currently involved with the youth justice system
When and where:
July 17-19, 2019. The overnight camp this year will be held at Camp Brereton. Activities include canoeing, swimming, hiking, games, campfires, and crafts.
This year all participant costs will be covered by the FASD Family Network and the Stepping Out on Saturdays Program – Winnipeg. Transportation between Winnipeg and Brereton Lake is included.
Fill out an application form and mail or fax to the Rehabilitation Centre for Children, 1155 Notre Dame Ave, Winnipeg, MB, R3E 3G1, fax (204) 258-6797, attn: Rita Drohomereski.
Contact Laura Bennett with any questions, at (204) 258-6741.