- This event has passed.
Breakfast at SSCY: It’s Complicated: Supporting Ethical Decision-Making in Pediatric Rehab
March 12 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am
Join us for Breakfast at SSCY, our monthly learning series! Sessions are available in person at SSCY Centre or as a webinar.
It’s Complicated: Supporting Ethical Decision-Making in Pediatric Rehab
Many of the decisions we make in health and social services work are inherently ethical. They challenge values and principles, and often cause moral distress. With decisions involving children and families, the stakes often seem especially high.
This workshop will provide a brief introduction to ethical decision-making for clinicians and teams working in pediatric rehabilitation settings. Using focused case studies, we will:
- Describe the nature of ethical issues in pediatric rehab
- Examine some strategies for ethical decision making
- Unpack an ethical decision-making framework
By the end of this presentation, the participant will be able to:
- Articulate foundational concepts of ethics in health care
- Describe some of the major ethical dilemmas encountered in pediatrics and rehab settings
- Use a decision-making framework to work through a difficult ethical issue
Presented by: Jennifer Dunsford, RN, MN, MPA. Jennifer is a Registered Nurse with clinical experience in medical, surgical, and oncology nursing, and in project management, quality and patient safety. She has been Regional Director for Ethics Services for the WRHA since 2012, and also has responsibility for Accessibility and Policy within the region.
View the poster for more information.