Welcome to SSCY Centre! Part 5 – Success Heights, the Meeting Place and Kids’ Care Corner
Dec 05, 16
The last part of our SSCY Centre Blog series is about Success Heights, the Meeting Place and Kids’ Care Corner! Part 4 was about Innovation Station, Renovation Station, and the Picture Studio. Make sure to read all of our Blog posts to learn about our different neighbourhoods!
Success Heights is where administrative offices for many of the SSCY partners are.
- Children’s Disability Services, Children’s Home Care, Children’s Rehabilitation Foundation, Community Respite Service Inc., Integrated Children’s Services Team, Rehabilitation Centre for Children, Society for Manitobans with Disabilities, and St.Amant all have offices here.
- There is also a staff team room, where staff can meet and have breaks.
The Meeting Place is the bright area on the second floor with meeting rooms and places to sit.
- There are five meeting rooms of different sizes, a kitchenette, and an open area with tables and chairs.
- SSCY staff and our Family Advisory Council voted on names for the rooms, and a sky theme won! There is a Boardroom, and our meeting rooms are called Northern Lights, Rainbow, Star, and Sunshine.
Kids’ Care Corner is home to the Robertson Early Enrichment Program, the childcare program in SSCY Centre.
- Our philosophy is based on the belief that children learn through play and experience, and that we should provide a safe, happy, nurturing and stimulating environment for them.
- Our neighbourhood was designed just for us, so we have kid-height windows, lockers, and washrooms, an outside play area, and enough rooms for everything our kids need!
- There are 48 childcare spaces for infants and preschoolers who live in the surrounding community, who have a parent who works at SSCY Centre, or who have additional support needs.
- Visit our website to learn more!
We hope that you have enjoyed learning about our new building! Please contact us if you would like to learn more!