- This event has passed.
January 13 @ 10:30 am - 1:30 pm
One event on November 18, 2017 at 10:30am
One event on January 13, 2018 at 10:30am
One event on February 10, 2018 at 10:30am
One event on March 10, 2018 at 10:30am
One event on April 14, 2018 at 10:30am
One event on May 12, 2018 at 10:30am
Sibshops are workshops for the brothers and sisters of kids with special needs which bring these “sibs” together in two languages that are universal to all children: play and shared experience. Utilizing a highly engaging and recreational approach, Sibshops provide peer support for the typically developing siblings by offering a venue for such children to celebrate themselves and their families.
This workshop will:
- provide brothers and sisters of children with special needs an opportunity to meet other siblings in a relaxed, recreational setting
- provide siblings with opportunities to discuss common joys and concerns with other siblings of children with special needs
- provide siblings with an opportunity to learn how others handle situations commonly experiences by siblings of children with special needs
- provide children with an opportunity to learn more about the implications of their siblings’ special needs
- provide parents and professionals with opportunities to learn more about the concerns and opportunities frequently experiences by brothers and sisters of children with special needs
Dates: Saturdays: October 21, November 18, January 13, February 10, March 10, April 14, May 12
Cost: $25/session or $100 for all sessions
Where: Aulneau Renewal Centre
228 Hamel Ave, Winnipeg, MB
To register email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (204) 987-7090.