- This event has passed.
Rare Disease Day Display and Information
February 28 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
On February 28, 2017, millions of people from 80 different nations will observe Rare Disease Day to acknowledge the many families and friends who support and love individuals with rare diseases. In Winnipeg, there are two events:
- Portage Place Mall, 11:00 – 2:00: Members of the Rare Disease community will share information regarding rare disease.
- Circle of Life Thunderbird House (715 Main St), 6:00 – 9:00: The impact of rare disease will be discussed by individuals in the medical profession and patient families.
Quick facts about rare diseases:
- There are more than 7000 diseases that are considered rare
- The number of Canadians with a rare disease is approximately equal to that with diabetes and all cancers combined
- 60% of people diagnosed with rare disease are children, and 40% will die before their 6th birthday
Join us at Portage Place Mall Courtyard to learn more about rare diseases. Visit our website for more information!